Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mid October Newsletter

A Bit About Life:

Note: Click on pictures below for MORE details!
We were into a perfectly GREAT fall and HOLY COW!! We got hit with a big snow storm this weekend! I could hear "Walkin' in a Winter Wonder Land" in my head for two days. My DH was in the forest when it hit hard and had to chain up his 4 wheel drive to get out. I'm glad that he made it okay! I do like Winter, but it sure seems that summer didn't stay long enough!
The grandkids are glad to be back in school after their two week "Spud" harvest vacation. From the sounds of it, the farmers had a good harvest here in Southeast Idaho. That means GOOD Idaho Potatoes for all!
New Quilting Patterns:
I am so excited! I have had this idea for months and I have finally got the first installment of a New Quilting Pattern. It is called Month After Month. It is a progressive wall hanging that changes each month. The pattern is perfect for beginners and seasoned quilters alike. The "Base" is available now! I will give you a sneak preview of a couple of the elements that go with it. I have it hanging on my front room wall and I get so many comments. I hope you like it!

This is the Base Part of the Wall Hanging


This is how it looks with the element.

Here is the November Element that buttons or ties to the "Base"


Order Now For Christmas:

The Christmas Stocking orders are coming in! If you would like a NEW Christmas Stocking for Christmas, you need to order as soon as possible. Each stocking is individually made with your chosen name, design and size. There are many designs to choose from. It is always fun to start a new tradition or add to an old one. I love putting out my 18 Christmas Stockings each year. The first thing I think of when we have an addition to our family is, "I need to get them a stocking made!"

NEW Mystery Table Runner:

The last clue is up and the mystery has been solved for the last Mystery Quilt Pattern! Many of you participated. Please send your pictures of your completed table runners to quiltingforless@gmail.com. I would love to share your results!!


Thanksgiving will be here soon, so collect the clues to the NEW Thanksgiving Table Runner and complete it for Thanksgiving. There are 7 weeks to complete it. Just in time to have a beautiful Thanksgiving Table Runner for your Thanksgiving Feast! Look for this Turkey and his quilt to lead you to the clues. The first clue will be October 21st.

Quilting Tips:


I love finding quilting tips! So many quilters have such wonderul ideas. I hope you enjoy a few of these.

To make sure that the label you add to your quilt cannot be removed, stitch to the back of the quilt before the quilting is completed. Quilt through the label. - Noreen in Massachusetts


I store my many wall hangings by wrapping them around the paper tubes from wrapping paper (right side out). Then I place them in a pillow case and that keeps them from rolling off the shelf. - Carol in Michigan


Use half of a regular wooden clothespin to finger-press the seams of small applique or paper-pieced blocks. Just a few passes over the seam, easy and quick. - Rebecca in Idaho


Leave your paper foundations in place until all blocks have been sewn into a quilt top. The result will be greater precision and less distortion due to fabric being stretched when the paper foundation is removed.

Clocks for Christmas Gifts:


I have so many clock designs to choose from. Each one can be personalized for a very special gift. I would like some new ideas. If anyone has an idea for a clock, email me at quiltingforless@gmail.com There will be a surprise in store for the person who's idea is chosen! Here are just a few of the MANY clock designs.


Until November 1st! Be sure to browse through my website for MORE great finds!

Keeping you all in stitches!
Susan
http://quiltingforless.com/index.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great tips and ideas on these postings.

Thanks,

Michelle
http://keepsakequilting-1.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for putting your name down on my blog as a follower,
You have a great blog too, i will add you to my links on my blogs,
Have a great week,
Take care