Saturday, February 14, 2009

Mid February Newsletter

A Bit About Life

First of all I want to wish everyone a HAPPY VALENTIEN'S DAY! I am writing this post from my daughter's home. Four of my nine grandchildren are here. My sweet granddaughter, Shandeigh, just brought us a handmade valentine. She is so inventive. She should get a job with Hallmark! I told her that I would take her shopping for fabric for her pump pack. She is diabetic and I designed a pattern to carry her pump in. I have chosen cute fabrics for her before, but thought it would be fun to let her choose. She is excited! Me too! This will be fun. I'll post a picture of the pump packs when I get them done. If there is interest, I could share the pattern.

These last two week have been pretty productive for me! I am starting on a new quilt which I am calling "Barn Raising". I am in the process of making chicken blocks for part of it. I have this great desire to make a quilt with chickens. My great grandmother's maiden name is Chicken. When anyone calls me Chicken, I am honored! LOL! Anyway, here is one of the chicken blocks. I will keep you updated on the progression of this quilt.



I have also been cutting out I Spy blocks to make a quilt to have for the grandkids. I have two other quilting friends who are sharing their cute fabric as well. We have around 150 blocks each of 3 1/2 inch blocks cut. We are thinking up all kinds of games to play with this quilt. Do you have any ideas?

Quilting Views and Tips

I have been PUBLISHED again! I was asked to reprint one of my articles in the Collector's Journal of Vinton, Iowa. I appreciate them asking. You can view the article at ehow HERE. This is really a fun way to choose colors for your next quilting project.

Here is another article you may find interesting about making your own fabric palette. I use this palette so often. CLICK HERE

New Patterns

I have another element for the Month After Month wall hanging. This one I call "Butterflies Meet". I have been trying different techniques of applique. This one I did the needle turn method. The Chicken block I did my own version of the freezer paper applique. Both methods are fun, but I think I like my freezer paper version the best. This picture really doesn't do this wall hanging justice, but I hope you get the idea! You can find the pattern HERE

Block of the Month

For those of you who have signed my guestbook, I hope you are enjoying this year's BOM. It will be a beautiful quilt when finished. Get in on the fun by signing my guestbook to receive the BOM patterns each month. If you have already signed, it is not necessary to sign again, but I love all of your comments! This is what the Beautiful in Black Quilt will look like when finished.

Mystery Quilt Patterns

There is only ONE more clue left for this Mystery Quilt. After all the clues are published, the pattern will go on sale for just $3.95. This one, in my humble opionion, is gorgeous! Hope you go and collect the clues. Go HERE and follow the big "?" mark for the clues.
Clocks and Socks

I have a NEW clock available. The 1930's fabric inspired this clock along with the May Month After Month wall hanging. The "established" quote, makes a perfect combination for this print of the 1930's fabrics. I hope you like it! CLICK HERE to find this clock and MANY others!

As always, the Christmas Stockings are a unique gift for those spring weddings that will be happening. What a great tradition for a new couple. Help them start this tradition. CLICK HERE for a view of all the Christmas Stocking designs, thus far.... I have some new ideas in mind for some new designs.

That's it for this two week period. Again, I hope your day is filled with LOVE for mankind this Valentine's Day!

Blessings,

Susan

http://www.quiltingforless.com

3 comments:

Millie said...

Susan, your quilts and patterns are beautiful. Love all the clocks. Happy Valentine's Day!

imagrandma2five said...

Love the chicken block and can't wait to see the quilt. My grandkids call me grandma chicken because of the flock of 14 that we have.
Happy Valentine's day!
Karen in NE Indiana
aka grandma chicken

Quilting For Less said...

That cracks me up about Grandma Chicken!! I am grandma sweetie to some of my gkids and "Blue" grandma to others. My Great Grandmas WAS really a CHICKEN. That is her maiden name! LOL! Thanks for the fun comment!
Susan